Monday, January 24, 2011

Setback

I haven't been doing any exercise since the last post.  For me that is a long time. And of course it has to do with what is going on in my life.  Like I have said before I exercise and go to the gym as therapy.  I feel so much better and can function better.  But when I don't I go down hill fast.  I started the P90X program and stopped going to the gym after work.  I was still working out but it is strength training with weights and a lot of pull ups (which I still can't do).  I haven't got to the part yet that had cardio.  That is where I am getting muddled. I usually look forward all day to my afternoon workouts, even when I am sad.  Even when I go to the gym and cry on one of the machines, I feel better after my workouts.  But this week I was doing something new but also letting someone go.  Not the best position for me to be in and I got very depressed.  It came so fast I didn't have time to react.  Friday, Saturday and Sunday I spent in bed just crying and feeling awful. Not working out. This led to a 5 pound weight gain. Again I am an emotional eater but it is when I am bored at home that I have the most difficulty with.  So I have to get myself back on track and start back at the gym.  I will still continue P90X but with cardio added. I am disappointed in myself for my set back but they happen and I have to just move forward.  I was going to start today but I am amending that to take a little bit of time off. I have to pull myself together and start anew.  Just cardio for about a week to get my head straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Weightloss