Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Lose It!

On Christmas day I started an app (Lose It!) on my iTouch that was to count calories.  The one thing that I never do. Never. I know I should be just never could bring myself to do. I have always been watching my fat intake.  I only let myself have no more than 15 grams of fat per meal. Usually breakfast is not anywhere close so usually between 30-40 grams a day. That has been easier for me to deal with. I hate counting calories. Well at least I did. Using this app has helped so much. And easy is always better right? Well for this it is. I input what I have and there are lists of items to go by. Brand items you find in the store or you can input your own.  It is so cool. Then you put in your exercise/activity. Wow this makes so many things easier. Now I have only lost 2 pounds since I started but that is ok. I am not about to get discouraged. I will keep doing what I have been I will just pay a little more attention to my calorie intake. And I have learned that that handful of this, a scoop of that or a bit of whatever adds up also.  It might only be a few calories but to see the numbers in black and white make the decisions a bit easier to make better ones. I have been trying new foods like ground turkey instead of ground beef in spaghetti or burgers. Low fat cheese, fat free beans, soy milk, almonds and baking chips (instead of peanut M&M's) and lots and lots of water. I am trying to switch to tea instead of coffee in the mornings. All these little things have a lower calorie count so every bit helps. I am learning to cook healthier meals that I have always loved but didn't make like stir fry. And most of all I am trying to insert fish into my daily or every other day meals.  Tuna and salmon are my favorites. I need to cut out sugar and eat more whole grains but I am working on that also. Lots of good stuff to try that I am very excited about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Weightloss