Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My gym?

I have been going to the gym across the street from where I work for about a year now.  I actually love going there because it is convenient and there are not alot of people there. One thing about me is that I actually prefer to workout alone.  I have gone to the gym with others but have always felt like I had to be more social than actually working out. So I like my gym. A good friend was telling about the gym he goes to and invited me to join him.  I was hesitant but have given it a second thought. He was telling me how great the place was and the positive thing that they had to offer. But is it enough to entice me to join a gym that is 20 minutes from my house? I don't know. I am still very self conscious about myself and am not too sure if I will feel comfortable there. But here is the best part....THEY HAVE A POOL!!!!! I love to swim. I am a native Southern Californian so the beach is my wonderland. But a substitute is a pool. I could swim everyday any day and be completely happy. Now I have to go check out this pool. This would be the one reason for me joining this gym. Without a doubt I would go all the time. Swimming is wonderful exercise and fun too. I would have to purchase a bathing suit but I can deal with that if I can get in the pool. Now does this mean I would abandon my gym across the street? I don't know. I think I will have to give the other a try and see how committed I will be with it and then decide. But I am excited to try it. Now if they only have babysitting it would be perfect. My friend said he has seen mother go in with kids but they don't work out with them. Of course this made me laugh...he is a soon-to be dad of twin girls so he will find out too soon all the joys of parenthood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Weightloss