Wednesday, December 29, 2010

What am I doing?

I have been on a lifestyle change pattern for over a year now and it amazes me when I have people I see everyday or people I haven't seen in a while ask me what am I doing to lose weight.  Is there a magical gift? Is there a special diet? Is there a special pill, drink, plan or video that is doing it? What is it??? Well damn I wish I knew. I want the same thing. That easy way. The quick fix. The instant lose 20 pounds by next week and look and feel better plan. I just haven't found it or anything like it.  I am not doing anything but diet and exercise. Now there are a few tool that have help me tremendously and I appreciate them but nothing that is easy or fast. Like I said it has been a year. I am not hoping for a deadline to reach. I do have goals but not a specific time frame that I have to achieve these goals.  That I believe is my greatest insight to my weight loss. I didn't put myself on a deadline. It will happen when it does. I will be at my goal weight when I am. Remembering that I have to eat when I am hungry not bored, sad, happy, stressed, worried or angry. HUNGRY!!!! Food is for fuel not comfort. Is it easy to use food for comfort or reward. I have accepted that I am not a naturally thin person or have high metabolism and can eat everything person. I have to work at it. That mean I have to exercise often.  I can't just do cardio here or there. I can't just run for 20 min once a week. I can't do a workout video for 15 minutes then give up.  I have to do the work.  I sure as hell didn't get overweight all at once so it won't all come off at once.  And you know what? I like exercising. I like to be able to put on my headphones and turn on my iPod and get lost in another world. All I have to deal with is moving my body.  All I have to think of is how many more steps, reps or minutes I have to go.  I DON'T HAVE TO THINK! I don't have to think about my problems, my worries, disappointments, stress, kids, husband, friends, work, dinner, cats, dogs, school, family, promotions, moving, love. Nothing. Just blissful body movement. That is why I love working out. Nothing else matters when I work out.  Just me. So I want to work out. Twice a day everyday. I don't do high intensity everyday. I have a plan that is pretty good for me.  I am at point that I can start the P90X series.  I have wanted to start for sometime now but let a few people discourage me.  Not anymore. If there is one thing I know about myself that will never change is that when I am really determined and set my mind on something I can do it. I have to make a time commitment and focus myself but I am ready. I have been doing well in my eating habits because I have cut alot of fat out of my diet. I limit myself to 35 grams of fat a day. That is it. But I have started using a new tool that is helpful to keeping track of food intake and exercise.  I really like it.  It is called Lose It! I found it as an app for my iPod but the also have a website http://www.loseit.com/ that you can use to track. I found it easy and very helpful. See no magic just commitment to changing you lifestyle. Yeah I never really believed that but that has been the only thing that has worked for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Weightloss