Monday, December 27, 2010

After Christmas...workout

Today I decided to work out really hard because I have been slacking off for about 3 days. I haven't overeaten but I have not worked out nearly enough. And I needed the distraction. I was looking forward to getting to the gym all day.  Something that I am so grateful for.  I got to leave work early today and I headed for the gym. I pushed myself on the StairMaster on level 9 for 25 minutes then for the last 5 I upped it to level 12!! What was I thinking? I usually keep it at level 8 for 5 minutes then switch to level 10 for the next 25 minutes. But today I forgot to change it until the last 5 minutes.  I finished but was exhausted. I burned 339 calories though!! I did 25 sit ups after that too. Now let's talk about sit-ups. Ugh I HATED THEM!! For years I could not do even one sit up.  Not one. But my abs are the reason I started looking for an exercises that I could do for my abs that would not hurt my back....mini trampoline! It protected my back and I was able to do ab work again. So I was very impressed when about three months ago I was able to do 5 sit-ups. Actual sit-ups with someone holding your feet and everything... Now I can do 25. Too exciting. Then I went home for some all over body sculpting with weights for 50 minutes. I am tracking all my food intake and exercise out put. The numbers are staggering. I don't think I am eating enough food. I keep having a deficit in my calculations that is disturbing.  But for now I will be encouraged to see that hopfully this will be what it takes to lose those last 28 lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Weightloss